National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK or Text “HOME” to 741741
an online chat service
- The AACAP offers information on “Stress Management and Teens.” This link gives information on different factors contributing to stress in teens. It also offers ways to cope with stress for teens.
- The AAP delivers information on the emotional wellness of children. The link consists of educational topics that can affect children’s behavior and ways to educate parents. This site is also translated into Spanish.
- The ADAA discusses child and teen depression. ADAA educates individuals on misconceptions and stigma relating to childhood and teen depression along with signs, symptoms, and treatment.
- The CDC gives a list of children’s mental health disorders and by clicking on a disorder information is available about that specific disorder.
- The resources are designed to help communities support emotional well-being and recovery.
- The MHA discusses depression in teens. This link provides issues surrounding teen depression such as adolescent pressures, signs, statistics, and treatment.
- NAMI gives information on the warning signs of someone that may be affected by mental illness and also offers Peer Support Groups.
- The NIMH educates on the warning signs of child and adolescent mental health.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline gives information on youth suicide and ways to help your loved ones.
- The SC Department of Mental Health offers a wide range of services to the community. This link gives locations of treatment centers in SC.
- SAMHSA educates on mental health and substance disorders. It also offers information on prevention and treatment option links.
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center provides information on the risks and protective factors of adolescents being affected by suicide.
- Teen Stress Fact Card
- The US Department of HHS gives information on mental health in adolescents. This link offers the basic information surrounding mental health while also including national and state datasheets.