Beaufort County Alcohol and Drug Abuse Department
- The Beaufort County Alcohol and Drug Abuse Department (BCADAD), a component of the Beaufort County Government, is one of 46 agencies established under South Carolina law to help individuals and families troubled by alcohol, tobacco, or other drug related problems.
Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office
- We strive to keep a constant watch on crime trends in order to better inform our residents and guests of proactive steps that can be taken to deter neighborhood crime. Since Beaufort County is one of South Carolina’s fastest growing counties, this can be a challenge as the demographics, landscape and communities are ever changing. We are poised to meet that challenge as our deputies are equipped with some of the best law enforcement equipment and training in the state.
Bluffton Police Department
- The Bluffton Police Department has a community-oriented policing philosophy. We are an organization committed to open communication, community engagement, and searching for excellence in all we do. This is why our overall mission is to provide the highest quality of police services to our community and its visitors by promoting a safe environment through a police-citizen partnership, with an emphasis on mutual trust, honor, professionalism, and dedication of duty. Together, we can continue to make the Town of Bluffton an excellent place to live, work and raise a family
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Addiction (NIAAA)
- NIAAA is one of the 27 institutes and centers that comprise the National Institutes of Health (NIH). NIAAA supports and conducts research on the impact of alcohol use on human health and well-being.
National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- Ensuring the effective translation, implementation, and dissemination of scientific research findings to improve the prevention and treatment of substance use disorders and enhance public awareness of addiction as a brain disorder
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- NIH’s mission is to seek fundamental knowledge about the nature and behavior of living systems and the application of that knowledge to enhance health, lengthen life, and reduce illness and disability.
SC Department of Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Services (DAODAS)
- DAODAS coordinates a statewide system of local substance abuse agencies that provide prevention, treatment, and recovery services.
US Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- SAMHSA is the agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that leads public health efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation. SAMHSA’s mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America’s communities.
White House Office of National Drug Control Policy
- The Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) works to reduce drug use and its consequences by leading and coordinating the development, implementation, and assessment of U.S. drug policy. In addition to its vital ongoing work, ONDCP also provides administrative and financial support to the President’s Commission on Combating Drug Addiction and the Opioid Crisis, established by Executive Order on March 29, 2017 by President Donald J. Trump.
2016 Surgeon General’s Report
- Facing addiction in America: The Surgeon General’s Spotlight on Opioids