The mission of Teens for Healthy Youth (THY) is to promote positive teen health through:
- Positive Youth Development
- Peer to Peer Education
- Community Service
THY is currently active in the following high schools:
- Bluffton High School – Advisor: Laura Pirkey email@example.com & Cheryl George firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Schools – Advisor: Grey Anne Cummings email@example.com & Wendy Cummings firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heritage Academy – Coming Soon!
- Hilton Head Christian Academy – Advisor: Jennifer Murphy email@example.com & Jill DelGuercio firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hilton Head Island High School– Advisor: Florentina Hartley florentina.hartley@beaufort.
k12.sc.us & Suzanne Taylor suzanne.taylor@ beaufort.k12.sc.us
- Hilton Head Preparatory School – Advisor: Sydney Wood email@example.com & Barab Asmuth firstname.lastname@example.org
- May River High School – Advisor: Joy Nelson email@example.com & Mariah Bowen firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like more information, please contact:
Mrs. Laura Pirkey, LCAHY Youth Coordinator
Teens for Healthy Youth (THY) is an initiative of LowCountry Alliance for Healthy Youth.
SAMHSA’s underage drinking prevention campaign helps parents and caregivers start talking to their children early about the dangers of alcohol.
This campaign aims to reduce underage drinking and substance use among youths under the age of 21 by providing parents and caregivers with information and resources they need to address alcohol and other drug use with their children early.
Talking With Your Teen About…
LowCountry Alliance for Healthy Youth’s Social Marketing Campaign Addresses COVID-19 Risks
Radio, TV, Instagram, and Facebook ads will educate our youth and the community on the health risks that smoking or vaping poses as related to the CoronaVirus.